Tuesday 4 October 2016

Strangers In The Night











We were strangers all together
It was desires that crippled the moment;
Little annoyed and sceptical in the beginning,
Nevertheless, she was gentle in her pursuit
As if she was in an ordeal to complete a task assigned
Or was in a search for something she lost long back.

I avoided comprehending her activity, as I was pursuing my wildest dream.
November morning it was,
Her big bright eyes impaled me with excitement.
She showered her umpteen love and I reciprocated
Whatever our intentions were, the meeting was conspired long back
The day passed by,
Holding  each other, loving each other, loosing each other
Upon each other.

It was the moment when time came to a halt;
It was when nothing else in the world was worth knowing;
It was euphoric enough to make me dance in her tune forever.
She felt like a dream, a dream I dreamt long back had come true.
Everything seemed  jinxed and worked for both of us.

Wow!!

However, nothing lasts for ever, the spell broke one day
The stars fell apart, the dreams were shattered.
Every bright day brings a dark night, we exchanged glances no longer.
The time plays a different ball game every moment and
It doesn't matter who was wrong and who was right
Because at the end we are again strangers in the night.